Overweight Females but not males? But dogs and horses first! What?

Can someone explain to me why this app claims that every writer has to be diverse with their stories but don’t even portray diversity? I’m not sure why they thought adding dogs and horses was more important than showing diversity with overweight characters are NOT JUST FEAMALE!!! Kinda ridiculous this “game” wants to make all the writers create the good reputation for THEIR APP when they don’t even make it an availability or possibility or even set a good example with their own stories. Don’t see a lot of people talking about this but its made me upset for more than a year… Not sure how much creativity episode actually allows.

6 Likes

A good assumption for the Episode team is their working on it. Episode diversity has come such a long way, and sometimes credit needs to be given for what has been done and patiently waiting for what is coming. Overweight females are not the only people in the world that are overweight, but it was probably easier to first add that section to the catalogue. Because when Episode adds the body types, they also have to tweak the animations and clothes to fit the models :smiling_face: I would rather they released one and work on the other instead of showing no diversity and waiting to release them at the same time, BUT I hope they release the body time for the males too sooner rather than later!

8 Likes

Absolutely! Im happy for what they have changed Im just not sure why dogs and horses came first :upside_down_face:

That is true LOL but I assume it’s the same deal. There are three horse colors and you can’t modify them much, I am actually adding a horse into a story now to see how they function/animations. It’s okay to release the horse/dog with limited options, it would be a shame to put a male overweight character out there with next to nothing for animations/clothes/hair etc

3 Likes

Its a lot easier to get a clip of a dog or horse as an overlay and make it move across screen than an overlay of an overweight male and animate, Just a thought though

Currently all we can do is wait! BUT a good point is a lot of people wanted the dog and you’re right, there isn’t much of an outcry for the male bodies!

3 Likes

Yeah! More of my issue is just with the importance of what decisions they decided to make. I guess I just figured its better to talk about the issues i have with the decisions of importance made by the team making episode than overall never play or write because there’s no availability for advanced ideas or execution… In hopes they might see and consider. A good idea for the team would be to allow stories that actual adults or even teens could enjoy without feeling down on themselves for the constant reminder that everyone is skinny or cheesy and brainless. The animations take a long time and I’m understanding of that but as a game creator myself I know every time I go to write, I find myself creativity blocked by the childish animations and lack of availability of what might be portrayed of cheesy and unenjoyable by a mature crowd. But that’s what the creators decided they wanted. If making a game to post availably to other players without cheesy childness or origin for 3 years of frustration, Id probably use it. But there’s not so it makes it frustrating for people with more ideas bigger than the mediocres of the creative availability this “game” gives,

1 Like

I totally agree with you, and that’s why I applaud the community writers. They are awesome! I hope Episode creators truly start heading in the actual diverse direction they promote, but then again, I tend to not read Episode Originals so I can’t quite comment on the diversity, or lack of, in the stories. The last time I did read one though, I think it was the love island type story, I did appreciate seeing diverse characters, but it’s not enough. I think that another thing is though they rely on the writers to make the app look good because there’s thousands of talented writers in the community as a whole and only a handful of Episode Team members that write. They really should take some notes out of their communities skills but I think that’s why it’s important to feature and do the contests to reward the diversity and good writers which I love!

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

If you would like to make or support suggestions to the Episode development team, you can check out our Feature + Art Suggestions category!

I’ve seen the exact opposite of that. Usually when there’s an update, there are a lot of people asking where are plus size males (or even more male clothing) and I’ve been seeing it for a good while to the point where it’s kind of a meme on the forums about the lack of male related updates. There have even been rumors (don’t know how factual they are) that there will be a huge male update that is brought up every update.

3 Likes

That’s good to know then. I personally haven’t seen it, but thank you for putting in what you’ve seen!

2 Likes

I would just a like to say that plus sized females where only added 2 years ago, LimeLight has been around since about late 2017 early 2018, so it does take time to make assets, configure body parts to move correctly with animations, plus a lot of money.

I also do agree with that, and thank you all for replying to this topic, its good to talk out some frustrations with civil people. Know I wasn’t meaning to attack anyone here or elsewhere, Its just an issue i have with the creativity blocks I get which is more personal. If y’all have wrote anything i would love to get a break from contest winners or episode originals.

1 Like

I think it’s important to note that a lot of new additions also take time. Some more than others. With new body types, I’m sure they also have to create all new clothing items to fit that body type, etc.

When overweight males happens, I can already see the overweight nerdy boy turned hot jock stories from a mile away! Lol.

3 Likes

New Body types take a long time to make. :upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yeah :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.