What’s a real ‘Episode turnoff’ for you

When the author gives their whole life story… like bruh, I didn’t need to know you were from Michigan. :confused::neutral_face:

4 Likes

Any story with the word Forbidden, I hate it.

Forbidden Love
Forbidden Chemistry
Forbidden Affection
Forbidden Desire

Sad part is you can find these exact things when looking for a story

4 Likes

What about stories like Forbidden: Taco Tuesday (bad joke)

6 Likes

:joy:, I found it funny.

1 Like

No offense to lgbt supporters but lgbt in my stories make me not wanna read on

3 Likes

Not having certain things for limelight or ink like clothes , props, animals , weapons ,animation, etc.
More than one ad that just makes me wanna stop reading for a while.
Not enough genres made.
Too much cliche romance stories (some are good though.)
Coding can be confusing sometimes.
Most of the average stuff on episode :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

it makes me not wanna read their story :expressionless:

1 Like

This is annoying

Then they promtote it as FULL CC =_=

2 Likes

Imo:

You play as yourself - Full CC (INCLUDING SKIN)
You play as someone’s character but this character is influenced by the reader - Limited CC
You play as someone’s character and their personality is set in stone - No CC

13 Likes

LOL that was hilarious, i’ve nevver came across that

1 Like

Fully support that :+1::+1::+1:

Also, I much prefer Customization a few episodes into the story.
I want to have an idea of what the character is like before.

5 Likes

Most of the time, it’s because authors edit chapters that are like way older. I’ve done that a few times because of some good old animation mistakes that people have pointed out lol

3 Likes

The Name LUNA in a wolf story.

15 Likes

I hate when the only love instrest is a dikhed, also I never read episodes stories because gems really piss me off

8 Likes

Episode changing everything to the expense of other things

2 Likes

When bosses are horrible to the MC. Why does every employer on Episode have to be an asshole?

2 Likes

I’m very very new to reading Episode chapters so I haven’t read ANY bad ones yet (i hate wasting my time on shit stories) but I’ve read and written my fair share of fanfic for years so I know a thing or too about pet peeves in writing.

There is one story I was reading on Episode that had a GREAT beginning, amazing plot and characters but…like around episode 5-6 the MC and the LI immediately fell in love and started to have sex and I was confused because there wasn’t ANY character development between them for that to happen. The writing got so lazy…I was so sad.

CC for Characters: Thankfully I haven’t had the run in where the MC is supposed to be white lmao but I’ve had my fair share of customizing 3-4 characters in one sitting. It’s freaking tiresome. I love to CC my character right in the beginning because I’m impatient and I’m worried that I wasted a pass on solely being a white girl. This story called “Love, Unexpectedly” by @Elodie (I hope I @ ed the right person omg) did a nice job on introducing the characters and customizing them. It flowed nicely and made sense.

Pregnancy: I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES i’ve read fanfic or stories where the MC has sexxii time and then two days later, has morning sickness. That’s not even the correct timeline for pregnancy. I know most of these authors are younger but they have to have had some type of puberty talk in school no…?

Bad boy vs Good Boy: This trope is old and tiresome but when the author kinda pushes you to choose the bad boy…It’s kind of annoying to me. At least make the Golden Boy have some depth because he’s just a boring guy. Even the golden boy’s in my life have some spice to them. Honestly both bad boys and golden boys are boring unless there is some real good character development going on.

Grammar: I can forgo a spelling error here or there if its once every blue moon but lmao someone misspelled “jealous” the other day in an Episode and I stopped reading entirely.

Stereotypes: Just…don’t. There’s so much more to LGBT and POC people than a limp wrist or saying “tea sis!”

:sparkles: Stuff that really…gets me going :sparkles:

Good Directing: Like I said, I’m fairly new to Episode and the best directing i’ve seen so far was My Alien Lover. I love the chapter titles and the transitions…She has inspired me to workshop my stories and learn more about directing and coding.

Long Chapters/Episodes: I have to wait 4 hours for all of my passes to reload so if I spend at least an hour and a half on ALL my 4 passes…then it’s a good story. I like to really escape while reading stories.

Good cover art: I try not to judge a book by its cover but phew…Whoever did Glitch Girl cover art… I haven’t read the story yet but it looks fantastic just for the cover art.

7 Likes

This is so annoying especially when the MC doesn’t use protection for banter like what did you think was going to happen?

If I got a pound for every time the token minority/LGBT character said girl oml…

1 Like

I personally do not mind much if I have to reread episode.I usualy just quickly tap til ist over, because it doesnt take me any pass it doesnt bother me.

But what I cant stand it when the story make no secen to me, odd unrealistic dialogues, borring narrators or I just do not get something and even in nex chapter I am not able to catch up what is going on.

I do not mind simply directing but the reallly bad directing - like bubbles constantly pointing on other people, can turn me off too.

1 Like

For me, the list is this one:

1. Bad Grammar, I’m Portuguese but I’ve read stories with some mistakes that make me cringe such as not capitalising I on I’m.
    1. The author going M.I.A. for more than 2 months.That’s reason I’ve been reading complete stories or from authors who have an updating schedule
    1. Unexpected Pregnancy. Like why does almost no one talk about the use of contraceptives?!
    1. Glorifying Rape and Abusive Relationship…
    1. Bad directing I know it isn’t easy but the effort is really appreciated
    1. Letting the Mean Character walk over the MC. I need characters with backbone :sob: an assertive answer does wonders.
    1. The adds
    1. Speechbubbles always on the face of the characters. Sometimes is difficult to prevent but always :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Or pointing to the wrong character

I’ll be back if I remember something else :sweat_smile:

2 Likes